The Nurturing Baby Massages classes follow the Birthlight training. They include gentle exercises for parents and babies, often including little rhymes and songs. The group classes bring parents of newborns together in a safe and friendly environment, encouraging parents to share their feelings, emotions and experiences without judgement or criticism. In these classes parents are taught how to understand and recognise their baby’s needs and desires by simply playing with and observing their individual baby. The classes are relaxed and fun. Parents gain confidence in their parenting skills as they help, and support each other. The classes develop over the course to include the following:
- Relaxed holds
- Active bonding through infant feeding
- Baby massage (clothed massage, dry massage, full body massage, therapeutic touch)
- Positive holds (for crying babies or babies who do not sleep)
- Emotional awareness and positive use of voice in mother baby talk
- Napping techniques to compensate for mother’s lack of sleep
- Access to deep rest to overcome fatigue
- Walking relaxation steps with baby
Benefits for babies:
- Aids digestion
- Helps to calm and relax
- Encourages secure attachment
- Promotes sleep
- Says "I LOVE YOU"
BENEFITS FOR PARENTS:
- Increases confidence with your newborn
- Aids postnatal recovery
- Tones and strengthens your body and mind
- Encourages positive parent / baby interaction
- Provides opportunity to meet with other parents and babies
- Notice of 24 hours must be given if cancelling a class.
- Full payment will be required if notice is given later than this.
- Course fees cannot be reduced or refunded if you miss or cannot make any classes but you are welcome to join another class, availability permitting, to make up your total for the course.
Old Woking Community Centre, Sundridge Road, Old Woking, Surrey
Please bring a towel with you.